Composite Sealant Remover
Get the affordable, durable CSR you need from Marketing Masters. Our Composite Sealant Remover (CSR) is a rotary cutter designed to remove sealant directly at the bond line. CSR is made from a durable Torlon® material. Remove sealant with no abrasions to metal or paint. CSR is safe to use on common protective coatings and structural materials for aerospace applications.
- 1” diameter
- Attach to rotary tools for efficient sealant removal
- Resists substrate scratching
- Reduces equipment wear and tear
- Allows for longevity and durability when compared to plastic cutters
CSR-10 and CSR-05 Applications and UsageEngage an edge of the sealant with the CSR-10 and allow the rotating action to cut through at the bond line.
- To remove sealant around a fastener, use CSR-05 to engage an edge of the sealant and work toward and counter-clockwise around the fastener.
- Allow the CSR to rotate/cut the sealant while gradually feeding the CSR without excessive force.
- 1/4”-28 UNF
- 1/4” collet
- Drill chuck interfaces
Sealant Remover Controls Rotational SpeedCSR cuts by rotating in the clockwise direction.
- Avoid heat buildup and control the CSR by operating it at 200-400 RPM.
- Heat accelerates wear on the CSR. Due to this, the CSR may generate an odor.
Safety Information for Composite Sealant RemoverRead all safety information before using CSR-10.
- Wear eye and ear protection
- Wear face protection
- Wear hand protection – CSR contains sharp edges
- Avoid contact with flesh and/or clothing while the CSR is rotating
- Avoid direct impact against hard objects while the CSR is rotating
- Avoid excessive force when cutting into sealant material
- Avoid unnecessary damage – Test and familiarize the CSR action against a similar surface before proceeding
1" dia. CSR-10
1" dia. CSR-10