Composite Sealant Remover
Composite Sealant Remover (CSR) is a rotary cutter designed to remove sealant directly at the bond line. CSR is made from durable Torlon® material that can remove sealant in many applications at a lower product cost with greater efficiency and productivity. For aerospace applications, CSR is safe to use on common protective coatings and structural materials.
Composite Sealant Remover InstallationCSR series can be used with 1/4”-28 UNF, 1/4” collet, and drill chuck interfaces. Screw in or attach/lock into rotary tool.
Controllable Rotational SpeedCSR cuts by rotating in the clockwise direction. Operate the CSR at 200-400 RPM for better controllability while avoiding heat buildup. Heat will accelerate wear on the CSR and may generate undesirable odor from the sealant.
CSR Applications and UsageFor general applications, use the CSR-10 to engage an edge of the sealant and allow the rotating action to cut through at the bond line. To remove sealant around a fastener, use CSR-05 to engage an edge of the sealant and work toward and counter-clockwise around the fastener. Allow the CSR to rotate/cut the sealant while gradually feeding the CSR without excessive force.
Safety Information for Composite Sealant RemoverRead all safety information before using this product.
- Wear eye and ear protection
- Wear face protection
- Wear hand protection – CSR contains sharp edges
- Avoid contact with flesh and/or clothing while the CSR is rotating
- Avoid direct impact against hard objects while the CSR is rotating
- Avoid excessive force when cutting into sealant material
- Avoid unnecessary damage – Test and familiarize the CSR action against a similar surface before proceeding
1" dia. CSR-10
1" dia. CSR-10