General Information on Composite Press Fit Inserts
Composite Press-Fit Inserts
Marketing Masters’ composite press fit inserts are used to attach and fasten honeycomb sandwich structures, such as airline floor panels. These composite inserts are commonly referred to as “floor panel inserts” because they are widely used in aircraft manufacturing to fasten floor panels to the aircraft structure. However, they can be used anywhere through hole fasteners with high load carrying capabilities are required.
Each Marketing Masters composite insert is capable of carrying a more than 2,000 lb. load, depending on the panel type. Made from Torlon® a high-tech composite thermoplastic (see below), our inserts are corrosion free, light weight, high strength and low cost. Request a quote on press fit inserts or contact us to learn more.
Marketing Masters’ composite press-fit inserts are found everywhere, from aircraft floor panels to wall panel on semi-trucks to satellite nose cones, general assemblies, and much, much more.
Marketing Masters Press Fit Inserts
- Molded from a thermoplastic composite called Torlon (see below)
- Ideal for aircraft, aerospace, transportation, electronics, and countless other industries and applications
- AS 9100 and ISO 9001:2015 certified and FAA/PMA approved
Advantages over Metal Inserts
- Corrosion resistant
- Reduced weight
- High strength
- Less expensive
- Bolt countersink dimensions
- Panel thickness/length
- Thru-hole diameter
- General use press fit inserts
- Airbus-style press fit inserts
- Boeing-style press fit inserts
- McDonnell Douglas-style press fit inserts