Airbus Style Press-fit Inserts
Click image to enlarge
Designed and manufactured to fit Airbus floor panels. Commonly referred to as a "floor panel insert", they are used throughout Airbus’s fleet of aircraft, from securing flooring to installing decorative trim.
- Can be used anywhere a through hole fastener is desired, where very high load carrying capabilities are considered necessary and insert protrusion out of the panel is not a problem. The flanges of a press-fit insert are glued to the top and bottom skins of the honeycomb panel, in contrast to a potted-in insert which is flush.
- The Airbus Style Press Fit Inserts come in two styles.
- GAA588A - The Airbus press fit insert, with a flange on top, includes 1 plug and sleeve part number combination:
- GAA588AF - The Airbus approved flush mount press fit insert, includes 2 plug and sleeve part number combinations:
The individual part numbers are broken up into plugs- "3P" and their corresponding sleeves- "3S". The next number represents the thickness of the panel in inches. If there is no number, the insert is a .400, our most popular Airbus style press-fit insert."
- Press-Fit Styles, Specs and Approvals page, Click here
- Press Fit Inserts 2D Specification Drawings, including a part number legend with attributes, Click here
Press-Fit Installation Video. Click here