Honeycomb Wall Panels with Potted-In Inserts
Marketing Masters’ Potted-In Inserts are commonly referred to as "Wall Panel Inserts" or "Floating Inserts" because they are widely used in aircraft walls and stowage bins to fasten honeycomb panels to each other and to the aircraft structure. The potted-in flush mounted insert allows the linoleum that is laid over the top of the honeycomb panel to lie completely flat and its surface smooth.
Potted-In Inserts are also used in many other applications, especially when blind holes do not pass all the way through the panel are needed or where inserts must be "flush" with the panel skin. Once the hole is drilled and insert installed, adhesive bonding is added to hold it in place.
Advantages to using Marketing Masters' Composite Potted-In Inserts.
Airline manufacturers like Airbus & Boeing have found a number of unique advantages to using Marketing Masters' Composite Potted-In Panel Inserts…
- Corrosion Free. Made from a high-tech composite thermoplastic called Torlon, our inserts are corrosion free.
- High Strength. Torlon® exhibits outstanding mechanical strength and durability, giving our fasteners the ability to withstand extremely high torque loads.
- Lighter Weight. Manufactured from Torlon® are considerably lighter than metal fasteners. Torlon® is 69% lighter than titanium and 50% lighter than aluminum.
- Less Expensive. Composite inserts are less expensive than fasteners made from titanium, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Chromate Free. Marketing Masters meet all EPA and European Union regulations, which mandates that all fasteners for aircraft and other applications must be free of chromium and/or chromate.
- Chemical Resistance.A Torlon® composite fastener made with polyamide-imide, is virtually unaffected by aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated and fluorinated hydrocarbons, and most acids at moderate temperatures.
- Flame Resistant. Our composite fasteners pass FAA burn tests and meet stringent aerospace requirements in tests for flammability, smoke density, and toxic gas emission. Torlon® is used extensively in applications where flammability is a critical consideration.
- Performance Up to 500°F At high temperatures, Torlon® is stiffer and stronger than many similar high performance materials are at room temperature. It can be used at temperatures well beyond the limits of most other high performance plastics.
Just five easy steps to install a potted-in insert. For more information and a how-to video on installing both styles of airline Potted-In Wall Panel Inserts, click here.
Many Industries & Applications. Marketing Masters’ Potted-In Inserts are found everywhere, from the walls and stowage bins of an aircraft, to the wall panel on a semi-truck, general assemblies and much, much more. For more information on the advantages of Marketing Masters' Composite Potted-In Wall Inserts, contact Marketing Masters today.